Pages

Monday, June 25, 2012

Meal Planning 6.25


For Dinner This Week
MondayChicken Tacos. Due to poor planning on our part, this was not a crockpot creation.  Instead, we boiled the chicken, shredded it in the mixer and then put the salsa and homemade taco seasoning in a pot combined with the shredded chicken for 5-10 minutes before serving. The only complaint was from the hubby that was unhappy with the "the vegetables from the salsa that tasted mushy" (yep, he's a picky eater). Just for me - taco salad with lettuce, tomato, organic cheddar and a little sour cream

TuesdayTeryaki Chicken with vegenaise mayo.
UPDATE: We won't be making this again. Maybe "real" mayo would have made the difference here but the whole thing was unsalvageable. If you have better luck, let me know!

Wednesday: Oven baked shrimp. Melt vegan butter in the pan (1 stick worth). Slice one lemon and layer it on top of the butter. Put down fresh shrimp, then sprinkle one pack of dried Italian seasoning (homemade). Put in the oven and bake at 350 for 15 min.
UPDATE: Egads! Strike and a miss two nights in a row. I was so overwhelmed and defeated that I did resort to a childish fit and threatened hell-fire damnation to our dog because he wouldn't sit still. (the dog and I have since made up and I found a happy moment that night when I realized that I had leftovers in the freezer I could actually heat up! But I was still upset that 2 recipes had gone wrong 2 nights in a row).

Thursday: Easy Crockpot Chicken.
UPDATE: You've got to be kidding me. Seriously. Three strikes tonight! I don't remember what we ate this night because I was really feeling pissy. On this night I did vow that next week we'll make 6 recipes we know are good and only one night will we be daring and try a new recipe.

Friday: Crockpot Chicken Fajitas.
UPDATE: We didn't make this. I gave up on the crockpot for the rest of the week. We went to Outback again because we had a gift card and I can eat there. We went to a different location and this one offered GF bread, which I still declined because I'm afraid once I start eating bread I won't stop. My glass of wine was enough indulgence for the night!

SaturdayPulled Pork! This one I'm really excited about because the leftovers will become this. I'm also excited because I don't have to modify the recipe at all for the spice rub or other ingredients. Just add a lettuce wrap or a fork!
UPDATE: FINALLY!!!!! Finally a recipe that was delicious. Okay, well the first night we ate it, the pork was "okay." The second night when I made homemade fake barbecue sauce it was so freaking good we both had seconds. And I about died happy. Click above for homemade fake barbecue sauce that makes even picky eaters happy.

Sunday: Homemade Tacos with homemade seasoning. And just for me - lettuce wraps and avocado with tomato.
UPDATE: Always good. Except I ate mine with tortilla chips. And felt hungover the next day. This happened 2 days in a row that I ate white corn tortilla chips. Which I'm not really loving.

For Lunch This Week
BLT chicken salad. A really nice change from the hot lunches I've been eating lately. No worchestershire sauce for me, but delicious without it. Combined this with a little fresh lettuce and lunch was so, so good.

Crockpot Fajitas. We bought a crockpot and I had to use it the first day, so I modified the recipe a little. Haven't tried it yet, but it turned out really well and we'll freeze some for later too.

Snacks This Week
Cinnamon Apple Chips are good, but be sure to bake them long enough. Mine are a little chewy because I was tired last night and didn't want to wait longer since I still had to make the breakfast cookies before going to sleep. Yeah, so planning my weekend time is not always my strong suit!

Cashews.

Gave this tea a fresh go and also tried this flavored water and thisone  too.  Raspberry lime is  my favorite so far and the apple cinnamon is a good second. More combinations to come!

Coconut Bliss ahh to eat real ice cream and not feel like crap! My favorite so far is the mint chip flavor. Whole Foods nearby has the best selection so far (chocolate hazelnut, vanilla and mint chip) so I bought all three and have been savoring them on the most stressful work days.

Breakfast This Week
Breakfast "Cookies" So good! And definitely not regular cookie consistency, but I'm good with admitting that it feels nice to eat something in the shape of a cookie. I'm going to try a baked (okay, microwaved) apple version in place of the bananas and add chia seeds next time. I also want to try this and make my own dried fruit since most of the store-bought ones have sugar in them.


No comments:

Post a Comment