Pages

Monday, June 4, 2012

Day 13

Thirteen days ago my doctor diagnosed me with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (learn more here). Which was not a good day.

I had been on a journey to find better health- better boundaries between my professional and personal life, exercise I enjoy, energy, waking up and looking forward to the day - things that I hadn't been finding for a while. My diagnosis put a face to the things I'd been feeling and struggling with. Knowing that there was a reason my eating and exercise only helped me get the body I wanted a little. Knowing that feeling lethargic and emotional was linked to my medical condition were a little hopeful. If I can get the symptoms under control, how much better will I feel? How much happier will I be? How much healthier will I be and will my family be?

I've been fighting against myself for 15+ years and it's exciting to feel like I'm actually figuring this out.

Recipes For Today


Energy Bites with PCOS friendly peanut butter, shredded unsweetened coconut, agave syrup, vegan mini chocolate chips, flax seeds, gluten free rolled oats

Organic Yogurt with blueberries

Gluten free rolled oats with stevia and blueberries

Sliced Almonds

Smoothie with gluten/dairy free protein powder, almond milk, banana

Layered Enchiladas with gluten free tortillas, black beans, enchilada sauce, cilantro, organic cheddar cheese - trying to salvage this batch as we speak since I tried soaking and cooking the black beans myself and they were underdone... the defeating moment of the day. 

Parmesan Chicken Bites with breaded with almond flour/meal, organic tomato sauce, quinoa/corn pasta, organic italian cheese blend - packed as lunch for next 2 days

So Delicious Mini Fudge Bar

No comments:

Post a Comment