Pages

Monday, June 18, 2012

Grocery Shopping

So, I may be starting to love food again. And starting to love myself a little more. Losing weight consistently now and I'm feeling so much better in my own skin. Sleeping well at night, waking up with more energy - I'm able get so much more done during the day which is amazing.

This week marks a new triumph. We have officially started planning our dinner menus.

I pulled up possible recipes on the laptop. We sat down together and picked some new ones and some favorites that I can still eat with modifications. I compiled the grocery list and hit the road to spend the next t-w-o hours at the store exhausting myself with this stupid list.

I got home, unloaded the car. Cleaned the sink and filled it with vinegar and water to soak all the veggies and fruit I just bought. I cleaned and packaged all of them as they prefer to be stored. I unpackaged, trimmed and repackaged the chicken. Same with the hamburger. Into the freezer they went.

Another hour+ later and the kitchen was put to rights, the fridge full of good food. The freezer actually had contents that did not include frozen DiGiorno Pizza. And then I sat on the couch for a well-deserved TV show or two. No, I'm kidding, I actually had to get dinner started so we'd be able to go to sleep before midnight, but the steaks were pretty well worth it. So was the sleep.

Our freezer has frozen, prepared jasmine and brown rice (check her out: http://summertomato.com/simple-gourmet-rice-for-dummies/). Some frozen fruits and veggies. Frozen meats. Larry & Luna's ice cream. And some DiGiorno Pizzas because my spouse isn't ready to make the complete health-food plunge. But the picky eater of the year (she said lovingly) is trying all the foods I'm making for dinner so I am not complaining.


No comments:

Post a Comment