Pages

Saturday, July 7, 2012

Meal Planning 7.9

We are ahead of the game this week! Grocery shopping and meal planning done! Here's our lineup:

For Dinner This Week
Monday: Homemade Tacos with homemade seasoning. And just for me - lettuce wraps and avocado with tomato.
UPDATE: Despite the tortilla chip hangover I experienced last week, I really couldn't resist adding them to my taco salad. In moderation I'm doing okay with them this week. And it was also worth it.

Tuesday: Cilantro Thai Chicken
UPDATE: We haven't made this yet but not because there's a problem with the recipe. There's a problem with the cooking and cleanup and a lack of desire to do these things. We need some more freezer food!

Wednesday: Cupcake Pizzas with a GF pizza dough recipe  and a GF flour mix.
UPDATE: We didn't make cupcake pizzas but we did make regular pizza over the weekend with a homemade GF flour mix. For some reason I thought it'd be a great idea to put almond flour in the mix. It wasn't. We also didn't have pizza sauce so I made a homemade version. I'm not sold on it. I also didn't like the mozzarella that I had picked up for the pizza. We'll try again with a different flour mix, store-bought pizza sauce and better cheese.

Thursday: Spicy Shrimp with Zucchini Noodles.
UPDATE: I LOVE it!!!! The shrimp could have been a little spicier and if I could figure out how to make the sauce more like a glaze I'd be happier with them. But they were good, don't get me wrong. Love the zucchini noodles! Also found more recipes to use zucchini in place of noodles in dishes like lasagna. Definitely going into my recipe stash.

Friday: Steak with homemade spice rub. And just for me - cauliflower mashed potatoes and a tomato/avocado/onion salad.

Saturday: Bacon wrapped chicken with salad and sliced avocado.
UPDATE: We made this on Wednesday. I wrapped the chicken pieces in bacon, drizzled agave syrup over them and sprinkled them with cinnamon. In the oven at 375 until done. 

Sunday: Sesame Turkey with brown rice and salad with avocado.
UPDATE: Decent but not my favorite. My hubby liked this one so we may make it again. If we do, I'll try the sauce that went with this recipe.


For Lunch This Week
Spaghetti with spaghetti squash noodles.
UPDATE: Great! I'm going to try baking the squash in the oven next time. I made the squash in the microwave and even after reheating, it was crunchier than I wanted. If the oven doesn't seal the deal, I'll try microwaving and then blanching for 2 minutes in boiling water.


Spaghetti Squash Noodles!

Chicken Salad with tomatoes and black beans.
UPDATE: I had the best of intentions here, but this is something I never got around to making. Adding it to the list for next week! I made a meatless enchilada casserole with homemade enchilada sauce, brown rice tortillas, onions, spices and black beans that has been my go-to lunch this week.


For Breakfast This Week
On the weekend: Silver dollar pancakes.
UPDATE: These were good, but I had to add a bunch of water to the recipe...mine was too thick. I'll try this again with a few tweaks. I buttered them up and ate them with a smattering of thawed blueberries. They were really sweet and didn't need maple syrup at all!

On the weekend: Homemade granola.
UPDATE: I didn't make this. But I will!

During the week: Anytime cookies.
UPDATE: I didn't make these either.

During the week: Breakfast cookies.
UPDATE:  I pulled these out of my freezer and at them all by Thursday. One of my favorites right now.


Snacks This Week
Sweet potato chips.
UPDATE: These are SO good! I burned the first batch, so be really vigilant at the oven. My second batch could handle 6 minutes on each side but some chips weren't as crisp as I wanted. I will be putting them in the oven on low temp to dry out a little more.

Apple with peanut butter.
UPDATE: I'm out of apples (on Thursday), but saw this tutorial on how to make your own peanut butter. Can't wait to try.

Cashews.

Fresh berries.

Dried strawberries.
UPDATE: I don't know why you're supposed to salt and pepper these. They were okay on their own, but in anything like yogurt or oatmeal it wasn't quite right. I saw another recipe for making your own fruit roll ups and they only added cinnamon. Which is definitely worth a try.


Dried Strawberries

No comments:

Post a Comment