Pages

Sunday, July 15, 2012

Meal Planning 7.16

Saturday grocery shopping is a special kind of wonderful. It means I have time for a hair appointment and baking today!

On the menu for this week...

For Dinner This Week
Monday: Honey Roasted Chicken. Special request from my hubby! We'll be using a whole cut up chicken for this one. With sweet potatoes fries and a side salad for me.
UPDATE: This was delicious! Though I have to say I was partial to the sweet potato fries and dip which were s-o amazing.



Honey Roasted Chicken

Sweet Potato Fries with Sriracha Dip


Tuesday: Hamburgers and homemade seasoning. Lettuce wraps and agave ketchup for me!

Wednesday: Cilantro Thai Chicken with a salad for me.

Thursday: Spicy Shrimp with Zucchini Noodles.

Friday: Homemade Tacos (taco salad for me) with homemade seasoning.

Saturday: Crockpot Honey Sesame Chicken with brown rice (for me) and Jasmine rice (for him).

Sunday: Pulled Pork! With a twist this time. Making it in the crockpot and preparing my  homemade fake barbecue sauce to go with it. Plus a side salad.


For Lunch This Week
Zucchini Lasagna for lunch!
UPDATE: This is good. My favorite lunch is going to be the spaghetti squash this week. This recipe took over an hour to prep and then extra baking time. Plus I didn't end up having as much sauce as I wanted so I'll double that next time. It calls for a 9x12 pan, but I think you could do this in a pan that's half the size and have a deeper lasagna dish which is what I had pictured before making it. It tastes really good though and will be great for lunch. In the future, I'll buy a bunch of zucchini, cut them into strips, salt them, broil them, and then freeze them so that pulling this together for a weekly lunch is much quicker!


Zucchini Lasagna

Spaghetti Squash Au Gratin! Who needs potatoes??
UPDATE: I had to try this for lunch after I made it today (Sunday). It is so good! It's a little different than I had envisioned since I was remembering Au Gratin potatoes from a box mix (which I realize isn't real Au Gratin potatoes), but this recipe is so much better. Creamy and tender and all veggie!


For Breakfast This Week
On the weekend: Scrambled eggs in my Magic Bullet!

During the week: Breakfast cookies I.

During the week: Breakfast cookies II. With homemade peanut butter!

Snacks This Week
Sweet potato chips.

Hardboiled eggs (in the oven!)
UPDATE: Once I got the shells off the eggs I could see that they ended up with little circle burn marks on them, but they didn't taste burnt at all. They are super creamy and really good! Next time I'll cut 5 minutes off my cooking time.

Cashews.

Fresh berries.

Smoothies with rice protein powder.

Apples with homemade peanut butter.
UPDATE: It was fun to make my own peanut butter! It turned out to be really creamy. The taste of it didn't have the depth I was looking for so in the future I'll be looking for a different roast. I bought regular roasted, salted peanuts this time to see how they turned out. One bag gave me enough peanut butter to refill a normal peanut butter jar. It is great with apples and a lot easier to spread.



Homemade Peanut Butter

No comments:

Post a Comment